(no subject)
Apr. 17th, 2011 01:04 amFor the first time in a long time I was able to go to bed early. No papers or readings or anything. Just a restful sleep.
Except that for some reason there are people running around and making a lot of noise. I stick my head out and ask them to quiet down because I'm trying to sleep and they listen. For about fifteen minutes. And right when I'm about to finally slip into slumber, the noise starts up again.
Guys. Dorm life is way overrated. People coming in drunk late at night/early in the morning and trying to be quiet, but they're not quiet drunks. People running around at 1am (and yeah, it's technically against the rules, but it's the weekend so it doesn't really matter). Loud music. Loud other noises. And whenever I want to go shower it seems that everyone else has the same idea.
Please don't get me started on what people leave in the showers. You don't want to know.
I can't move out into my own apartment because my father doesn't think it's safe. And as much as I love you guys, I really don't want to move to the mansion because even with commuting I'd be using a lot of gas. And I like New York City. And being close to the library. And Central Park.
So I guess my options are:
1. Stick with dorm housing another year
2. Move back to the mansion
3. Find someone who is looking for a clean, responsible, and quiet roommate (no dogs or cats please) and go in with them.
Does anyone know anyone who's looking for a roommate?
Except that for some reason there are people running around and making a lot of noise. I stick my head out and ask them to quiet down because I'm trying to sleep and they listen. For about fifteen minutes. And right when I'm about to finally slip into slumber, the noise starts up again.
Guys. Dorm life is way overrated. People coming in drunk late at night/early in the morning and trying to be quiet, but they're not quiet drunks. People running around at 1am (and yeah, it's technically against the rules, but it's the weekend so it doesn't really matter). Loud music. Loud other noises. And whenever I want to go shower it seems that everyone else has the same idea.
Please don't get me started on what people leave in the showers. You don't want to know.
I can't move out into my own apartment because my father doesn't think it's safe. And as much as I love you guys, I really don't want to move to the mansion because even with commuting I'd be using a lot of gas. And I like New York City. And being close to the library. And Central Park.
So I guess my options are:
1. Stick with dorm housing another year
2. Move back to the mansion
3. Find someone who is looking for a clean, responsible, and quiet roommate (no dogs or cats please) and go in with them.
Does anyone know anyone who's looking for a roommate?
no subject
Date: 2011-04-17 06:15 am (UTC)I have been considering looking into a place in the city, it is quite hard to commute back and forth every day. And there are only so many couches I can crash on if I want to stay out late.
no subject
Date: 2011-04-17 06:32 am (UTC)And it would be nice to not have to worry about waking my roommate whenever I have to go to the library early in the morning, or come back late at night.
no subject
Date: 2011-04-17 07:08 am (UTC)I don't have that problem, I don't think I've woken up Yvette as yet. But not having certain people insist on driving me home in the middle of the night would be nice. Not that I mind the drive, but it is a long return trip.
no subject
Date: 2011-04-17 07:32 am (UTC)It's long. I don't think I could handle it every day. That is reason enough to live in the city. Either you can walk everywhere you need to, or you take the subway. Home is never too terribly far.
no subject
Date: 2011-04-17 07:41 am (UTC)It's an excellent time to catch up on reading (... or sleep), but I have to admit, it does get frustrating sometimes.
no subject
Date: 2011-04-19 03:52 am (UTC)I think I've decided that returning to the mansion is not for me. Maybe I'll ask around campus and see if anyone knows anyone who wants a roommate. Hopefully I find someone good and not someone who will turn out to be a crazy stalker person.
no subject
Date: 2011-04-19 04:06 am (UTC)When did you need to move again? I might be interested, I just need to check on some things first.
no subject
Date: 2011-04-19 04:11 am (UTC)Wait. You want to be roommates?
no subject
Date: 2011-04-19 04:25 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-04-19 04:28 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2011-04-19 04:38 am (UTC)